Kavala the history of the city and the region is, according to the findings, in the prehistoric times. Its original core is the neighborhood of the Virgin Mary, which has been inhabited almost uninterrupted since the 7th century BC. century. The small, fortified peninsula closed the city for 2,500 years. At the beginning of the 16th century it expanded beyond it, maintaining the same limits until 1870. Since 1928 it has begun to take its present form. Its strategic and economic importance over the centuries owed her mainly to her position - it was a station for the waterways of the region - to the Egnatia road passing through and linking the East with the West at its port and its natural fortification peninsula where the old town was built.The most important attractions in Panagia are the castle and the citadel, Imaret and the old lighthouse at the end of Theodoros Poulidos under which there are the rocks of the Virgin Mary. The nod in the old town is the square of Muhammad Ali. At the center stands his statue, between his conch and the church of Our Lady. The latter was built after 1965 on the older post-Byzantine three-aisled basilica. The brass statue of Mohamed Ali, on the horse, was made during the transfer of the cause of today's Th. Poulidou (formerly Zaloggo). Konaki (the home of his family) is built in the late 18th century.
Enjoy our high level transfer services to/from Kavala and all over Greece and we promise you the best transfer prices without waiting at airport, port, station and without hidden debits.
To contact us or to send us a message please click here