Full-Day Tour of Athens (8 hours)
This tour starts at your hotel or from the place of your choice in the down town area. We start off by visiting Syntagma square and the Parliament of Greece. Then we continue by passing from Filellinon Street to see the Russian and Anglican churches. Further along we will see the open-air museum at the Temple of Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, also named Kalimarmaro, which in ancient times was used in honor of the goddess Athena. The 1st Modern Olympic Games in 1896 were held here. We continue our tour to Herod of Attica Street to see the Political Office of the Prime Minister. Next we will discover Zappeion Megaron Hall, a place that was funded by E.Zappas. After that, we will go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament where you can watch the changing of the guard of the Presidency.
After crossing Panepistimiou Street, we will pass by the National Library of Greece, the Art Academy and the Monetary Museum of Athens.
We will also show you the Old Parliament building at Stadiou Street which is a neoclassical building, the National Historical Museum of Greece. At the front, you can see the statue of Theodoros Kolokotronis who was commander in chief and leader of the revolution of 1821. He was a politician, representative and a consultant of the Territory. He is known as the Old Man of the Morea.
A tour of Athens would of course not be complete without seeing the Acropolis and the Parthenon Temple, which was built in honor of the goddess Athena, who is the patron of Athens city. The Acropolis is a result of the cooperation between major architects and sculptors of the 5th century. The period of its construction coincides with the ambitious expansion plans of Athens and the political prestige strategy against the allies during the Athenian hegemony in Ancient Greece.
We can have a stop at Lycabettus hill where you can admire Athens from above, and have a break for lunch or coffee. You have an hour to relax and take in the amazing view.
The last stop of the tour is at the National Archaeological Museum where you can see exhibits from ancient Greece, from Mycenaean to the Roman period, as well as the early Christian period.
We can leave you at the same place we picked you up or somewhere else in the down town area.
Book this tour
Tour: Full-Day Tour of Athens
- After the online payment, you must press the button "Return to Athens Transfer to Complete your Reservation" and you will receive two emails 1) confirmation and 2) receipt of payment by paypal.
- We ensure confidential handling of all your personal data we received.
- Our staff will wait you at airports/ports holding a sign with your name.
- Call us +30 6932 605230, for any change.
- Even in case of your flight/boat delay our staff keep expecting you.
- Also we help you with your luggage and offer you any other information/service you may want.
Notes & Conditions
- All above rates are quoted in Euros, per tour for 1-4 persons. Please inform us for the full names for each extra person.
- Internet booking requires 10% deposit (of the tour/transfer price) plus 2 euros online fee.
- The prices don't include any amounts for food, drinks and entrance tickets for museums/archaeological sites.
- Cancellation policy: For Cancellation more than 3 days before the transfer/tour, the deposit is refundable. For Late Cancellation/Non Show, the deposit is non refundable.
- All prices are in euros and include road tolls, all packages and taxes.
- Your payment will be fullfilled by our payment carrier "MyInternet"