Three-Day Tour of Ancient Corinth, Epidauros, Mycenae, Nafplio, Sparta, Ancient Olympia
This tour starts at your hotel or from the place of your choice down town.
In the beginning of our tour we will visit the Corinth Canal, where we will make a stop to take some photos. The Corinth Canal connects the Corinthian and Saronic Gulfs. After that, we will visit ancient Corinth, where St. Paul was living and preaching for two years. It is also famous because of its strategical position as an entrance to Athens, and therefore has a long history of being a commercial centre. In ancient Corinth you will have the chance to see many old monuments at the Archaeological Museum. Other interesting sites are the Temple of Apollon and the Periene Fountain.
Our second stop will be Epidaurus, where you will see the famous ancient theatre built in a ravine in 340 BC by the architect Polykleitos the Younger. It is the most beautiful and best preserved of the ancient theatres, and it also has wonderful acoustics. We will end the first day of the tour by resting not far from here.
The next morning we continue our journey by visiting Mycenae- an ancient town in the Argolis area. Here you can admire the famous Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the tomb of Agamemnon, and the Archaeological Museum where you can see many ancient findings. The museum was built near the Acropolis, thus giving the visitor the ability to get a comprehensive picture of the use and operation of their buildings and tools.
Then we will visit Nafplio, a town in the Peloponnese peninsula. It is the capital of Argolida and one of the most picturesque towns in the country. It is also well-known because of the Bourtzi, a small fortress built on a small island in the middle of the harbor, and of course Palamidi, a Venetian fortress. In Nafplio you will have time to relax, have lunch at a traditional Greek restaurant. We will stay here for our second night, so you will have the chance to visit Nafplio by night and eat at a traditional tavern or enjoy coffee at the famous Sintagma Square.
On our last day, we will visit Sparta, which is situated on the south-eastern part of the Peloponnese peninsula. Sparta is well-known for her warriors, both men and women being trained at a young age to go to war and protect the territory. Women in ancient Sparta had more rights than women anywhere else in the world at that time. Another important aspect was the equality between men and women.
Our final stop will be Ancient Olympia, which was a town of ancient Greece in Elis, commonly known as the site of the Olympic Games in Classical times. They were equally important to the Pythian Games held in Delphi. In Olympia was the statue of Zeus made by Phidias, which was known as one of the seven wonders of the world of Antiquity. The origins of the Olympic Games date back to 776 BC and were held every four years. In 394 AD the Byzantine Emperor Theodosius I forbade the games as an act of paganism.Back in town we can leave you at the same place we picked you up or somewhere else down town.
Book this tour
Tour: Three-Day Tour of Ancient Corinth, Epidauros, Mycenae, Nafplio, Sparta, Ancient Olympia
- After the online payment, you must press the button "Return to Athens Transfer to Complete your Reservation" and you will receive two emails 1) confirmation and 2) receipt of payment by paypal.
- We ensure confidential handling of all your personal data we received.
- Our staff will wait you at airports/ports holding a sign with your name.
- Call us +30 6932 605230, for any change.
- Even in case of your flight/boat delay our staff keep expecting you.
- Also we help you with your luggage and offer you any other information/service you may want.
Notes & Conditions
- All above rates are quoted in Euros, per tour for 1-4 persons. Please inform us for the full names for each extra person.
- Internet booking requires 10% deposit (of the tour/transfer price) plus 2 euros online fee.
- The prices don't include any amounts for food, drinks and entrance tickets for museums/archaeological sites.
- Cancellation policy: For Cancellation more than 3 days before the transfer/tour, the deposit is refundable. For Late Cancellation/Non Show, the deposit is non refundable.
- All prices are in euros and include road tolls, all packages and taxes.
- Your payment will be fullfilled by our payment carrier "MyInternet"