Drapetsona Drapetsona is a suburb and a former municipality in the southwestern part of Athens-Piraeus agglomeration, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Keratsini-Drapetsona, of which it is a municipal unit.Drapetsona is situated on the north side of the inlet to the Port of Piraeus. The northwestern part of the port is on the territory of Drapetsona. Drapetsona lies 1.5 km west of Piraeus city centre, and 10 km southwest of Athens city centre. The municipal unit has an area of 1.725 km2.Its built-up area is continuous with those of Piraeus and the neighbouring suburb Keratsini.In 1805 the first church, Saint Dionysios was built. In the 1830s Drapetsona was constituted of people who moved from Greek islands and settled near Saint Dionysios church in the area called Vourla. In 1834 a part of the region was given to Piraeus in order to become a cemetery under the term of churches’ reconstruction. Also a great number of brothels was established in 1873 to the west of Saint Dionysios. After the 1922 Asia Minor Catastrophe there was a notable population increase. Drapetsona was part of the municipality of Piraeus until 1950, when it became a separate community. It was elevated to municipality status in 1951.
Enjoy our high level transfer services to/from Drapetsona and all over Greece and we promise you the best transfer prices without waiting at airport, port, station and without hidden debits.
To contact us or to send us a message please click here