Mikrolimano or Phanari or the port of Koumoundourou, formerly Tourkolimano and in antiquity Limenas Munixias, is today a tourist site and is included in the wider district of Kastella. It is located to the northeast of the Piraeus peninsula, bordering the neighborhood of Neo Faliro. Today, because of cafes and nightclubs, it has stimulated the intensification of nightlife. In the Byzantine period, it was probably called the Phanar by the presence of a lighthouse or a light at its entrance. Tourkolimano was mentioned in the times of the Greek Revolution of 1821, while Koumoundourou port was called in the modern times because at its southern end there was the Koumoundouros Mansion after the demolition of the Greek Navy Club. In 1925 the special committee that was set up for the correction of the toponymes and points of Piraeus officially officially named this port, restoring the ancient name of Limenas Mounichias. However, the new name has not been established due to the malocclusion in modern Greek, against the prevailing Tourkolimano until 1967, when the then mayor Aristeidis Skylitsis established his new name Mikrolimano with the help of the Service (Postal, Telegraphic etc.) which have since ceased to serve the area with an earlier name..
Enjoy our high level transfer services to/from Mikrolimano and all over Greece and we promise you the best transfer prices without waiting at airport, port, station and without hidden debits.
To contact us or to send us a message please click here