Nea Erythraia Transfers
Nea Erythraia is a municipal unit of the Municipality of Kifissia, along with Kifissia and Ekali, in the Northern Sector of Athens. The first settlers in the area were refugees from Eritrea of Ionia in Asia Minor in 1923, hence the name "New", originally belonging to the Community of Kifissia. In 1928 it numbered 1844 inhabitants. From 1/1/2011 N. Erythrea is a municipal unit of Kallikrateio Municipality of Kifissia.Nea Erythraea was founded by Greek refugees from the region of the Eritrean peninsula of Asia Minor and specifically from the villages of Lithri, Vourla, Alatsata, Cesme, Sibrisari, Karabourna, Meli and others, who fled to Kifissia after the Asia Minor Catastrophe of 1922 . The first moves for the creation of New Eritrea began with the founding of the Kifissia Refugees Association (1923), which focused on urban rehabilitation. The first buildings appear in 1925 when the Ministry of Welfare expropriates 152 acres, which are shared by 364 family members of the Association. There are other expropriations of around 900 acres.Thus, the municipality of Nea Erythraia begins to function in principle as a settlement of the municipality of Athens in 1925. In September 1927 the holy temple of Evangelistria and the building of the first elementary school were founded. The first elementary school is directly linked to the history of New Eritrea and is a point of reference for all Eritreans. It was housed in a wooden barrage, which was two rooms and a room for the teacher, in the area in front of the Holy Temple of Evangelistria and in this area operated until 1931 when the government of E. Venizelos with Education Minister George Papandreou built the building that is housed in today's school.
Enjoy our high level transfer services to/from Nea Erythraia and all over Greece and we promise you the best transfer prices without waiting at airport, port, station and without hidden debits.
To contact us or to send us a message please click here